With a strong online presence and four successful brands over 50+ stores around Australia, New Zealand and SE Asia; this host organisation is always looking for bright, passionate people to join their network, which has recently extended into Europe. Each brand has a fully operational call centre, as well an ever-expanding array of e-commerce websites offering online consumer interaction.
Essential Skills & Responsibilites:
The host orgnisation is locaed in the beautiful South Island of New Zelanad curently offering an internship for a motivated business/ tourism students who can stay at least 3 months.
In this internship, you will be involved in:
What the host organisation can offer?
Please contact us if you are interested.
As part of the Product Support team you will be responsible for managing all areas of Supplier Support. This entry level role is vital to the operations of the business and will allow the selected candidate to refine key skills needed in the job market. Full system training will be provided.
The intern would be part of the team and be under supervision of the Manager in Byron Bay.
The intern would be introduced to the company and would learn skills needed to run day to day task.
Task can include but are not limited to the following:
– Maintaining email support requests
– Checking and approving product submissions from Suppliers
– Providing system support to suppliers via email and phone
– Create newsletters for suppliers and agents
– Data entry tasks
As well the intern could take on own projects (depending on skills) and help the manager to develop a manuals for communication and marketing material.
Key skills required:
– Great time management skills and organisational skills are a MUST.
– Savvy with systems and technology.
– Sufficient computer skills including Excel and Word.
– Able to work in a highly reactive and fast paced environment.
– Ability to take initiative and self manage
– Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks
With more then 30 stores amongst some of Australia and New Zealand’s most famous tourism hot spots, those successful interns will have plenty of opportunity to start a new career within the backpacker and student travel industry. Successful applicants will be able to commit to the location for a min of 3 months (part-time or full-time) and ideally will be well travelled. We do encourage international students to apply.
As well as having good travel knowledge particularly within Australia, we also are looking for charisma, a striking personality, and confidence to match a strong sales and customer focus that the host company’s pride themselves on. The stores are loud, fast paced, energetic and attract a busy following of international backpackers and students – this is travel sales with a twist. If you think you have the character to relate to this youthful market and are available for an immediate start in the induction program we would like to hear from you.
You would also have confident communication in English and have previously workedclosely with email, social media and skype technology systems.
Internship Program – Content
The internship is designed to show the successful applicant an appropriate level of industry knowledge and depth in line with how long they are in their position. With the industry being completely fluid and ever changing, even our full time Managers are constantly learning and developing their skills. We hope to show this to successful applicants and give them a full professional understanding within the position; whether that be after 8 weeks, 3 months, or 6 months.
Below is a guideline to the programs offered:
• Meet and greet customers professionally and politely
• Be a proactive ‘floor manager’
• Accurately make transport bookings
• Accurately book in custom itineraries for accommodation and tours/activites
• Distribution of client travel documents inline with company procedures
• Make bookings on partial payment orders
• Taking customer payments by cash and eftpos and subsequent accurate ‘cashout’
• Purchasing and booking of ground transport
• Purchasing and booking of local day trips and small yield tours/activities
• Flight bookings
• Advice and guidance on national areas of interest
• Build Total Travel Solutions based on customer requirements
• Sell packages inline with brand service levels
• Understand commission targets and sales percentages success in each area will be decided after duties are carried out in numerous scenarios
Long term programs
After 12 weeks a more tailored approach would be made towards successful applicants. Interns are encouraged to take on projects within areas of interest such as social media, student travel, marketing, and administration.
Detailed description of activities:
Travel/Tourism Business based in Adelaide, South Australia are looking for a Marketing & Social Media Intern.
• Update Facebook, Youtube, Instagram and Twitter accounts for all brands.
• Responds to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions with the Real Adventure Group.
• Posts updates, news and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content that is brand relevant.
• Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our customer base and posts it to our Facebook and Twitter page in a manner that invites
conversation and interaction.
• Updates Facebook and Twitter accounts with current and relevant photos, video, or other content from Real Adventure Group activities and events.
• Grows Real Adventure Group and all brands online via social networks by increasing fan-base and interactions.
• Maintains current information in Google+ and LinkedIn accounts.
• Completes other social media projects as assigned.
• Collects pictures and videos of tours and events to be developed into content for the Real Adventure Group website, Facebook, Youtube and Twitter pages.
• Upload Real Adventure Group photos and videos to the appropriate DropBox folders.
• Completes other digital media projects as assigned.
• Regularly observes the online activity of model organizations researches and reports on “social media best practices”.
• Uses Google Analytics to assess trends and activity on all company websites.
• Uses Facebook Insights to assess trends and activity on the Real Aussie and Kiwi Facebook pages.
• Uses Twitter Analytics to assess trends and activity on the Real Aussie and Kiwi Twitter page.
• Writes one blog per week for each page Real Aussie, Real Kiwi and Real Asia Adventures. Titles and themes will be given. Use keywords in blogs. Optimise blogs for search.
• Reviews data on the performance of social media platforms and adjusts plans or strategies to
Additional tasks may include assisting with the XML feed, producing personalised itineraries, collating and chasing video and imagery from suppliers etc.
The host organisation is a well-established Communications and Public Relations agency specializing in all areas of communications, public and media relations, publicity, events and celebrity engagement based in Sydney, Australia.
The host organization have a huge diversity of clients each one presenting new challenges and an exciting insight into the nuts and bolts of some of Australia’s signature festivals and events such as:
What a potential intern can expect to gain from this internship?An Excellent understanding of the publicity/communications industry.
The team is friendly and approachable and available to facilitate the growth and development of individuals serious about honing their publicity/communication skills whilst getting a firsthand insight into an exciting and challenging industry.
• Responds to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions with the business.
• Updates Facebook and Twitter accounts with current and relevant photos, video, or other content from our business activities and events.
• Grow the business and additional brands online via social networks by increasing fan-base and interactions.
• Collects pictures and videos of tours and events to be developed into content for the business’s website, Facebook, Youtube and Twitter pages.
• Upload photos and videos to the appropriate DropBox folders.
• Uses Facebook Insights to assess trends and activity on the business’s Facebook pages.
• Uses Twitter Analytics to assess trends and activity on the business’s Twitter page.
• Writes one blog per week for each business/brand page. Titles and themes will be given. Use keywords in blogs. Optimise blogs for search.
The host organisation is a boutique tourism agency currently offering an internship that will involve the following:
This internship is being offered at a 5 Start Hotel in Melbourne, Australia.
To qualify for this internship, you must be studying a related course in any of the following fields (or similar):
The host orgnanisation is an internet company providing search engine services and product present in 40 languages. With over 150 Million yearly visitors to their website worldwide. The head office is based in Sydney.
The host organisation is a Tourism Agency based in Melbourne.
The internship tasks include:
It may also include:
Research the different marketing methods used to promote day tours by other day tour operators both here in Australia and in other locations (overseas etc). The aim of this research would be to determine what is the most cost-effective method of marketing for day tours.
Also, our Segway tours are targeted to a very different market, as the guests are primarily from Melbourne & surrounds. These tours operate on weekends & public holidays, as these are the days when Melburnians pursue leisure pursuits.
There are numerous similar activities which operate on the same days of the week. The intern tasks would be to contact some of these operators to do some research into what is their most cost-effective form of marketing their services.
The host organisation is an online based business with headquarter office in Sydney, Australia with 150 Million yearly website visitors they have consistently been placed in the top 10 fastest growing tech companies in Australia since 2010 (Deloitte).
The intern may be provided with a monthly allowance of $600 AUD – $800 AUD to assist with expenses in Australia.
If you are interested in Travel and Tourism and Customer Service and are looking for a short or long term (two to six month) internship, then this internship might be suitable for you. During this internship you will gain an understanding of the travel industry in Australia, products and suppliers. You will also gain experience in the daily processes and procedures of the Reservations department from the processing of bookings through to reporting.
In this internship, you will learn about:
This internship would be perfect for someone that is currently studying or has a strong interest in Travel and Tourism. And who has the following skills:
The host organisation is a world’s leading search engine, available worldwide. With over 12 Million monthly visitors.
Mission and tasks description:
The host organisation is a leading search engine with millions of visitors to their website. Based in France (home based) they’re looking for a highly committed Business Development Intern to help the business presence in the French market.
The host organisation is a small tourism agency that facilitate tours in Australia.
The internship will involve:
The host organisation is a hostel located in Queensland Australia.
The interns get an insight in reception procedures, bar work (including stock takes), pays, banking, marketing and if interested travel desk procedures. The host organisation is flexible in offering each intern the experience they need and happy to create projects if desired.
Minimum stay: 3 months
Compensation: free accommodation, free food, free laundry, free WIFI
The host organisation’s headquarter is in Sydney, Australia with over millions of visitors to their website, the company is growing rapidly.
Ideal internship candidate
Business Development: Online Affiliation.
Marketing: Content & TV Marketing
Customer service: Website Feedback
Allowance: The host organisation would be willing to pay the intern an allowance of up to $800 AUD per month to assist the intern with their expenses.
Our client is a fun and young Tourism Company based in beautiful Bondi, Sydney. The Agency is offering a three month internship for a suitable student.
1. The first step would be to learn the company products inside and out and also experience the day tours to gain confidence in working with the company, their culture and their products.
2. The company will organise for the intern to explore Sydney & some tourist attractions (ie – Jet Boat ride in Sydney Harbour etc) to gain knowledge of the city.
3. The intern would be expected to help out with the following (but not limited to):
A) Product/competition research
B) Marketing and sales task (Brochure distribution, poster distribution, product updates with hotel concierges and travel agents after some training)
C) They may be required to answer phone calls 1 or 2 days a week
E) Administration duties
F) Attend tourism events and functions if any arise during their time with us
G) Taking photos on tours occasionally and updating social media
H) Occasionally required to write short pieces for the blog.
1. The intern must have a passion for travel, people, animals, food, wine and a bonus if they love the beach too
2. The intern must be a motivated individual with great social skills who can also manage their own time occasionally
3. Confident when speaking English
The intern must be studying a related course with an internship component and must be able to provide a training agreement.
The internship is unpaid. However, the intern will get to learn a range of different skills, learn about Australian culture, animals, food and wine. The company based in Bondi and love the ocean so they encourage time off for a swim, learn to surf or a lay in the sun too if that helps in the description (We could also help find them a place to live in the Bondi area if they needed help).