Reporting to the Managing Director, the Intern will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of the design of our residential projects from beginning to end.
They will be required to assist in the facilitation of the smooth running of all projects and in doing so meet all our project deadlines and achieving and maintaining our high quality and service levels.
Key activities (this role encompasses but is not limited to):
● confirm client appointments and prepare new client presentation booklets;
● assisting with the development of initial ideas and acquiring key information about potential projects, discussing requirements in detail with clients (the brief);
● considering of materials and costs according to set budgets;
● researching and gathering information and photographs relating to the project;
● producing ‘sample’ or ‘mood’ boards for presentation to clients;
● sourcing products, e.g. fittings, furniture, lighting, finishes and decoration, and providing samples for clients;
● preparing detailed working drawings, designs, plans, and schemes, using computer aided design (CAD) software;
● preparing conceptual 3D drawings, using Pyth;
● preparing detailed schedules;
● working in a team with other designers, project managers and subcontractors;
● keeping up to date with new developments in the design industry and attend industry events and evenings;
● keeping sample library up to date and database up to date;
● White Card is required to attend site https://bluedogtraining.com.au/
The host organisation is an Australian design and construction company specialising in Engineering, design and railway building works and project management.
As an Electrical Engineering intern, you will be involved in: