Reporting to the Managing Director, the Intern will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of the design of our residential projects from beginning to end.
They will be required to assist in the facilitation of the smooth running of all projects and in doing so meet all our project deadlines and achieving and maintaining our high quality and service levels.
Key activities (this role encompasses but is not limited to):
● confirm client appointments and prepare new client presentation booklets;
● assisting with the development of initial ideas and acquiring key information about potential projects, discussing requirements in detail with clients (the brief);
● considering of materials and costs according to set budgets;
● researching and gathering information and photographs relating to the project;
● producing ‘sample’ or ‘mood’ boards for presentation to clients;
● sourcing products, e.g. fittings, furniture, lighting, finishes and decoration, and providing samples for clients;
● preparing detailed working drawings, designs, plans, and schemes, using computer aided design (CAD) software;
● preparing conceptual 3D drawings, using Pyth;
● preparing detailed schedules;
● working in a team with other designers, project managers and subcontractors;
● keeping up to date with new developments in the design industry and attend industry events and evenings;
● keeping sample library up to date and database up to date;
● White Card is required to attend site https://bluedogtraining.com.au/
Architectural Internship Role:
Primarily to assist the Architect in preparing drawings and documentation for a modular house project, including new arrangement plans and interior layouts, using SketchUp and possible rendering in Photoshop.
Working on other architectural projects in the office.
Preparing finishes, samples and colour boards and fittings and equipment schedules.
Ordering, sorting and organising product samples.
Assist the Architect in archiving and filing.
Administration and general office duties as required.
Making of tea/coffee when requested.
Customer enquiries handled promptly and efficiently
Attend to “studio” email and “studio” incoming / outgoing mail as scheduled.
Meetings / Travel:
Visit suppliers and sites from time to time as deemed necessary.
Work supervised and in teams
Attend after-hours meetings & functions when requested.
Maintain personal workstation and general office presentation in a professional manner, and contribute to having a clean and safe office environment.
Skills / Requirements:
Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of software programs including Word, Excel and SketchUp.
Familiar with Photoshop and InDesign and Excel spreadsheet preparation.
Familiar with office copier and print operations.
Above average planning and organisational skills
Able to prioritise workload.
Maintain a positive and flexible attitude
Develop Vectorworks skills.
The intern will be working with the team of architects on products and interiors and installation projects as well as buildings and masterplans of all scales.
The host organisation is an Architecture firm based in Sydney, Australia.