What is an internship?
Internships are practical work-placement programs designed to provide you with professional experience in an area related to your field of study or the career you are working towards. The aim of providing industry-specific opportunities is to enable you to develop skills that will enhance your prospects of gaining meaningful employment, building your career and starting your future. Internships can be tailored to your individual needs by giving you the choice of industry, location, start date and duration.
Students can choose from any of the following fields and we will match their request with a suitable Host Organisation:
To be eligible for an internship, you must be studying a related course where the internship is a component of the course. You will receive academic credit from your university and the placement forms part of your degree. CareerDC and the Host Organisations will ensure to supply the necessary documents for your university to ensure that you gain credit for the internship.
Can CareerDC arrange insurance?
Yes, CareerDC can arrange insurance for the duration of the internship if requested.
How long will it take to arrange my Internship?
If its urgent then we advise that you contact us to discuss. Generally, it takes 2 weeks to 3 months depending on your requirements. If your requirements are very specific then it may take more.
Students undertaking internships will be responsible for:
- Discussing goals and expectations in the interview with the host organisation in order to establish what roles/tasks the student will undertake during the internship and whether this adheres to course requirements.
- Other course requirements such as duration and documentation should also be discussed.
- Finding out who will be appointed as the students’ workplace supervisor.
- Respecting confidentiality of the host organisation’s information.
- Being professional and responsible in the workplace to keep a good reputation for the student, the university and CareerDC.
How do I apply?
Complete the enquiry form below and attach your resume. We will be in contact shortly after receiving your enquiry: