A tourism agency is a commercial firm which provide travel services to their clients. It is a retailer, the intermediary between clients and tourism service providers such as air companies, hotels, insurance companies … You will be in direct relation with all this companies and you will coordinate their trips. Travel agencies don’t provide complete packages to their clients as they usually have partnerships with tour operators.
A tour operator is a wholesaler. It will provide complete packages to their clients to fit their needs. It will provide visits (such as museums, sightseeing, local attractions…), services (guided tours …) or accommodation. Tour operators are more present in big or really touristic cities.
An internship in a tourism agency is the perfect opportunity to know more about the tourism industry. As an intern in the tourism industry you might work in a travel agency or for a tour operator.
What you might do in a travel agency:
- Contacting tourism service providers
- Booking flights/accommodation
- Development and maintenance of relationships with clients and partners
- Administrative tasks
What you might do for a tour operator:
- Booking clients travel (flights, hotels …)
- Selling travel packaging to clients
- Creating tours for clients
- Work with service provider partners
- Providing advice on sightseeing
Are you interested in having an internship in Tourism? then contact us using the form below: