During an internship in the field of the project management, you will be able to understand the specifications of the planning process, organisation, motivation as well as the control of resources and protocols to deliver a product.
Several goals and objectives have to be achieved in a certain time and with certain constraints.
Thus, the project manager has to keep in mind the pressure of the timeline of his work while reaching his objectives.
On a global scale, two mains constraints can be defined: Primary constraints regarding scope, time, quality and budget as well as secondary constraint about optimizing the allocation of inputs and integrating them into the process.
In order to do this, the manager has to fulfill the stated project objectives taking into account timelines and constraints.
Overall, the process of project management can be seen as follows:
- Initiation: In this phase, you will first make a review of the current operations and then, make a cost and budget analysis.
- Planning / Design: Through this step, overall planning will be made in order to define the team, schedule, budget, costs and risks.
- Execution / Construction: The management and the development of the actual project are made in this part of the process. You also have to be sure you answer to the stakeholders’ expectations.
- Monitoring and controlling systems: Identification of the status of the project regarding the initial expectations. It is in this phase that measures are taken against risks and issues.
- Completion: This is the final stage of the project where the contract is closed.
Are you looking for hands on industrial training internship where you can learn about Project Management? then contact us using the form below: