Information Technology (short form: IT) is a generic term for information and data processing as well as for the necessary hardware and software (Information Technology System). Information technology represents a link between classical electrical engineering and computer sciences. It includes all the techniques that are used for information to be generated, processed, transported and stored. It covers network applications, database applications, applications of office communications as well as the classical activities of software engineering.
As the name suggests, IT management focuses on the management of IT. Hardware and software is a tool for IT management, which is used to achieve a particular purpose.
Nowadays, four subareas are partly distinguished:
- Business IT includes IT of trade, stock exchange, insurance, banking and taxation.
- Industrial IT illustrates the interconnection of machines in manufacturing and production processes within a plant, but also increasingly across plant and company borders (supply chain). Recently, Industrial IT is directly linked to business processes. This creates interfaces between bus systems that control the machines and the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP software).
- Communication IT covers the use of telecommunications.
- Entertainment IT deals with gaming devices and multimedia applications.
As the management of computers, networks and further technical areas require significant attention, various companies appoint IT departments to fulfil this task.
There is a broad spectrum of professions in conjunction with IT such as
– Application Programmer
– Assistant for Electronics and Computer Engineering
– Business IT Specialist
– Certified Computer Scientist
– Chief Service Delivery Officer
– Computer Technicians
– Database Administrator
– Data Entry Clerks/Data Typist
– Data Processing Clerk
– Data Technical Assistant
– EDV Technician
– Fraud Analyst
– Game Developer
– Information Technology Clerk
– IT Assistant
– IT Consultant
– IT Security Officer
– IT Specialist
– IT System Electronics technicians
– IT System Specialist
– Mathematical-technical Assistant
– Mathematical-technical Software Developer
– Medical Documentation Specialist
– Operative Professionals
– Software Architects
– Software Developer
– System Administrator
– System Engineer
– System Integrator
– System Programmer
– Technical Assistant for Informatics
– Technology Evangelist
– Web Designer
Are you looking for an internship where you can learn IT skills? Then contact us using the form below: