Being able to turn ideas into a reality is the essential mission that an interior designer has to achieve. Through her creativity and imagination, she needs to design a visually pleasing but practical place.
The interior designer may be required for planning, designing and furnishing interiors of various environment as residentials, commercials or industrials buildings.
The learning that interior designers have to deal with are numerous:
- Consultations with clients and understanding their expectations by developing design concepts
- Developping initial ideas and figure out the feasability and the requirements for it
- Sourcing products
- Preparing detailed plans and models using a computer
- Supervising work in a team of other designers
- Establishing costs and work schedules with other design professionals
- Marketing new businesses and potential clients
- Being aware of the trends in the design industry
Working in this field needs several skills and personal qualities such as Creativity and imagination are mandatory but you will also needs good drawing skills.
Don’t underestimate negotiation and organisational skills neither.
If you are interested in an internship in Interior Design, then contact us using the form below: