Fashion is a cultural phenomenon that can be understood by multiples perspectives like History, Sociology, Art or Design studies.
For example, fashion designers work on trend-setting fashion whereas fashion media analyses trends through popular television shows and movies.
There are numerous careers perspectives inside the Fashion field. Bellow are some examples:
- Fashion merchandising / Sales market : Track and monitor trends in order to advertise and buy. Retail management is also an other way of dealing with fashion merchandising.
- Production management : Getting textiles and clothing made at manufacturing level by working with suppliers and retailers for the quality of production.
- Public relations : Keeping a brand image clean and making sure people are talking about it.
- Fashion Journalist : Report what is happening in the world of fashion.
- Visual presentation / Styling: Manage the way products are presented to the public ( Exhibition, showrooms).
An intership in the fashion industry will give you the possibility to deal with several fields:
- B2B with suppliers and distributors
- Clothing and style design process
- Production cycles and budgets
- Marketing and cross-promotion campaigns as well as multimedia coverage
- Public relations
- Graphic design
The most important pre requisites mandatory to work in this field are to be passionate about fashion and deeply understanding the trends of the industry.
If you are interested in an internship in Fashion, then contact us using the form below: