What is it?
Construction engineering is very important for infrastructure projects. Indeed, it deals with building and infrastructures that we need to live such as bridges, roads, buildings, railways etc.
There are four specialities:
- Building: commercial housing or business building
- Electrical: electrical systems
- Mechanical: plumbing, heating or air conditioning
- Highway or Heavy: bridges, airports, highways or water waste
Furthermore, construction engineering consists of organising and coordinating each element, human and materials, in order to achieve construction work which is done correctly, efficiently, and safely.
The project has to be done in an environmentally sensitive and sustainable way, thus, some environmental studies have to be done to know every potential risk and capacity of the construction to be used safely.
- Analytic mind
- Interest in the environment
- Enjoy working indoors and outdoors
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Organisation skills
- Team worker
- Environmental analysis
- Site inspections
- Tests regarding sewage, drainage or elevation levels
- Labor costs
- Analyzing and producing design
- Estimating, planning, controlling costs relative
If you are interested in an internship in Construction Engineering, then contact us using the form below: