- Vocabulary: Even if you don’t speak english very well, don’t write a script before your interview. Be pragmatic, prepare only a list of some words which may be useful because with a script you will try to read and it won’t be natural. Of course, the best way is to learn those words to be as natural as possible during the interview, especially if you have a skype interview.
- Movie/ Book: Watching a movie or reading a book can be a great way to relax before an interview. It will allow you to think about something else. Thus, kill two birds with one stone and do it in English in order to be more ready.
- Company research/website: Try to get the most information about the company to which you applied for. However, do this in English and not in your native language. During the interview, you will be able to talk about the company by using suitable words.
- In addition to the company research, take a look at the mail that you have sent to the company and of course your CV and Cover letter. Be careful with the English equivalent for the diplomas or the meaning of your studies. Moreover, try to be precise when you will speak about your studies or your experiences.
- In conclusion, don’t try to understand everything: the essential is to understand the main idea and for that the key is to be a good listener. Furthermore, don’t hesitate to ask to repeat the question or to speak more slowly.
Article written by Clara Besson